We at Law Office of Justin Sobodash, P.C. are immensely proud of our results and of the outstanding clients we have served and continue to serve.
Past and present clients include:
- Solvay USA, Inc.
- MGA Entertainment, Inc.
- Indus Holding Company
- Cypress Manufacturing Co., Inc.
- Anami Holdings, Inc.
- Acme Metals, LLC
- First Western Holdings, LLC
- Uncommongoods, LLC
- Founders Fund
- Dustin Lance Black
- Thor Halvorssen-Mendoza
- SCAN Health Plan
- Haute House, Inc.
- Oak Tree Alternative Care Facility
- Rita Rusic
- Select Clothing Company, Inc.
- Savvy Marketers, Inc.
Current and Recent Litigation and Pre-Litigation Matters
- Represent multinational company in unlawful detainer action and related lease dispute
- Regular business litigation for cannabis and metal industry entities.
- Represent prominent human rights activist and journalist in defamation claim against Venezuelan company and its affiliate and principals.
- Obtained dismissal of case alleging conversion of Basquiat painting on summary judgment.
- Represent employees alleged to have misappropriated trade secrets in starting new, competing company. Counterclaimed for employees alleging discrimination and obtained favorable settlement.
- Favorably settled age discrimination matter in favor of defendant employer.
- Represented commercial production company, obtained entire unpaid balance through pre-litigation correspondence.
- Obtained early dismissal of copyright infringement complaint filed against artist Wale.
- Copyright and trademark enforcement and prosecution for several apparel, consumer products, and media companies.
Resolved Litigation and Pre-Litigation Matters
- Collected seven-figure total of past due balances through mechanic liens, pre-litigation and litigation for metal supply company
- Favorable defense of $6,000,000 claim in real estate fee claim
- Obtained complete disputed claim on eve of arbitration hearing in favor of would-be purchaser of $7,000,000 cannabis cultivation property.
- Obtained six-figure settlement of previously denied insurance claims for skilled nursing facility through pre-litigation correspondence.
- Obtained insurance coverage for entertainment company from insurer which had wrongly denied claim based on ‘intentional acts’ exclusion.
- Obtained settlement for cross-defendant in art case, making claim for insurance coverage funds
- Gonzalez v. Raich, 545 U.S. 1 (2005) – Drafted amicus brief for United States Supreme Court case in support of medical marijuana and federalism on behalf of Reason Foundation, a free-market, limited government think tank
- Obtained favorable settlement in Clarke v. Pick Up Stix, Inc. (Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. BC432195) – Co-counsel for plaintiff class members claiming fast casual Chinese food chain mislabeled food as “vegetarian.”
- Doreen Flynn, et al. v. Eric Holder (United States District Court, Central District of California Case No. 2:09-cv-07772) – Local counsel for Institute for Justice in as-applied challenge to National Organ Transplant Act (http://ij.org/component/content/article/40-other/2899-bone-marrow-backgrounder).
- Cleared intellectual property issues for short film later accepted to Cannes Film Festival.
- Successfully settled claim of assault brought by ‘paparazzi’ client.
- Successfully obtained settlement for robotic parts manufacturer in breach of contract claim.
- Successfully settled case representing defendants in case alleging breach of contract, fraud, and intentional interference concerning commercial lease.
- Obtained favorable settlement in legal malpractice case for plaintiff.
- Obtained favorable settlement of litigated matter concerning breach of lease of laser for defendant medical corporation.
- Represented company falsely accused of hacking and industrial espionage in pre-litigation discussions. Matter never litigated and no settlement was paid.
Intellectual Property Matters
- Act as outside general counsel to startup using blockchain technology to solve cannabis industry financial issues.
- SCAN Health Plan – Monitored online use of client trademarks and copyrights, issued cease and desist letters, and successfully terminated infringing uses.
- Represent trademark applicants and registrants before United States Patent and Trademark Office and Trademark Trial and Appeals Board.
- Reviewed books prior to publication for copyright, right of publicity, defamation, and other issues.
- Performed intellectual property due diligence for venture capital firm contemplating purchasing shares in social networking website.